Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Greatness.

In my stint of voluntary unemployment, I watched an entire season of Parks & Rec in two days.  Don't judge me.  I had already received word that I was hired and was just waiting for the official paperwork to go through.    It was season three.  I wanted to see if I would like it enough to invest time in season four.

Conclusion:  I did.

And as it normally happens, Benjamin too got attached to the amusing and easy to love, endearing characters and the very clever, well scripted episodes.  He even more than I.  In this downtime of a Christmas break we watched Season 1, 2 and 3 thanks to Hulu and then fact that each episode is about 20 minutes or so.

Benjamin has decided that his new TV hero and role model is this fellow.  Ron Swanson.

He is manly.  He has a full mustache.  He loves meat.  He is an avid woodworker.  He owns guns.  He is truly a memorable character.  He is also the architect of The Swanson Pyramid of Greatness.  What?  You've never seen The Swanson Pyramid of Greatness?  Well, feast your eyes on this beauty below:
There is only one square that Benjamin disagrees with on this entire pyramid - Buffets: When available choose quantity over quality.  Benjamin can't handle cheap Chinese buffets.  Some of his favorites are:

  • The entire third tier: Weapons, Wood Working and Welfare Avoidance.
  • Fish (Sport only) - To Ron, fish is not a meat; it's a sport.  Here's a great quote: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.  Don't teach a man to fish and you feed your self.  He's a grown man.  Fishing's not that hard.
  • Intensity - Give 100%.  110% is impossible.  Only idiots recommend that.
  • Masonry - Building walls makes you strong.  Defending them makes you even stronger.
The comical thing most awesome part, other than the character of Ron Swanson, is the man who plays is Ron Swanson - Nick Offerman.
When Nick is not on TV he run a wood shop located in LA making large wooden canoes.  Check out Offerman Wood shop here.  Sure enough, stopping by this place is on our list of things to do.

So Ron Swanson, we salute you.

via, via

1 comment :

  1. Ha ha- nice! Jeremy had told me Ben took some pictures of their "hunting" trip, but this is the first one I've seen. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top