Sunday, April 25, 2010

Margaret's Chicken

I have an Aunt Margaret who lives in Pennsylvania.  She is robust, funny, and growing up she would call me "Little Donna" because to her, I looked almost exactly like my mom did when she was little.  Visiting her house normally meant an opportunity to go swimming in her pool!

Recently I have been introduced to a second Margaret...  well, not exactly to her, but to her chicken.  I came across her recipe in one of my cookbooks and it has become a favorite of ours.

Ingredients:

4-6 chicken breasts
4-6 pieces of Swiss cheese
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 soup can of dry white wine
slivered almonds

First off, preheat your oven to 350.  Clean your chicken and place in a greased baking dish.  Cover the chicken with Swiss cheese.


Next, mix together the wine and cream of chicken soup in a bowl.  I am no wine connoisseur, so when a recipe calls for it, I normally pick one with a fun label!  Fish Eye works great!


Pour the mixture over the chicken.
You can either add the slivered almonds before or after you bake the dish - I have tried both ways and it tastes delish however you choose to do it!

Bake for 1 hour.  You will smell deliciousness and want to take it out early - but don't as it's worth the wait!


Serve with rice, some veggies and rolls.

It's been my pleasure to introduce you to Margaret's Chicken!  Hope that it becomes a favorite for you as well!

1 comment :

  1. Mmmm that sounds delicious. I love trying new recipes so I just might have to try this one. I have made something very similar and it's Matt's absolute favorite chicken dish. You should try it. I blogged about it here....

    http://thelinkhome.blogspot.com/2009/06/delicious-dinner.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top