Saturday, June 4, 2011

Book Review: The Girl Who Fell From The Sky

I packed all of my books.  All of them.  So in preparation for spending time at the lake relaxing I went to the library and picked up a few books to take with me.  When I don't have anything specific I want to read, I am drawn to books with interesting titles or cover art.  That's how this book came to be mine for the weekend.

The book is written from the perspective on multiple people.  I enjoyed style of writing as a break from the chapter format of a standard book.  The author took you on a journey through the development of each character.  As each monologue progressed you uncover more of the mystery of how these characters lives become intertwined.

One of my favorite quotes from the book is below:
It's easy to smile just to make other people feel better.  But when a person fakes happy, it has edges.  Regular people may not see, but the people who count, they can see the edges and lines where your smile ends and the real you, the sadness (me) or the anger (Grandma), begins...You shouldn't hold onto things that give you edges.
Makes me think: who are the people in your life that can see your edges?

Here is another review to consider if this book looks appealing to you!
Quote: pg 29; photo from link above.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top