Monday, January 25, 2016

Weekend Recap: Los Trompos + Brickfest

Saturday morning started like usual with donuts and hash browns.  Then we loaded up in Kermit and headed downtown to our first big event of the weekend: BrickFest!  The event took place at George R. Brown so we parked by Discovery Green since it was a beautiful morning and enjoyed the Los Trompos exhibit.  It's these really awesomely colorful structures that spin around and around.  Winston had a blast riding them!
Benjamin may have gotten a little dizzy from all of the pushing he was doing at the request of this little happy buddy!  But I give him mad props for snapping this photo of Winston and I while the top was moving!  It's quickly becoming one of my favorite pictures ever.  

We continued our adventure into BrickFest and was pleasantly surprised with the event.  There was a Duplo building area, a place to build a car and then race it, a place to build a picture and ...
 ...and Winston's favorite: Mini Golf!!  The kid loved mini golf!  Every time he put the ball in the hole he would exclaim, "GOAL!" 
It was getting to be lunch time so we headed to Midtown to try out a new to us lunch spot: Natachee's.  Everything was very tasty!  The fried pickles hit the spot and Winston's chicken nuggets came in an lunch box!  I highly recommend this spot for lunch if you're in the area - especially if you have kiddos!
The afternoon consisted of family nap time and this little monkey sneaking a few donut holes before dinner!  
The boys put together some minifigures and Winston played doctor performing lots of check ups on Truman!
Winston is super cute when it comes to Truman.  He puts his hand on my belly, gives it squeezes and tells him that he loves him.  I have mixed feelings about Truman's arrival.  On one hand I am ready for him to be here so we can move onto settling into our new routines.  And on the other, I am not ready soaking up my one on one time with Winston.  What I do know is that when he gets here, Truman will be one well loved little guy!  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top