Friday, December 7, 2018

Friday Favorites

All of the holiday things were scheduled for this first week of December.  It made the week very full but very festive! 

First we got home from our yearly trip to the Gaylord Texan and went right into opening all the advent calendars!  I has been my favorite to see how excited the boys have been opening their calendars they get home from school this week.  
They both have Lego advents and we are doing Truth in the Tinsel this year.  It's Truman's first year to participate and the time we've spent together making the crafts and talking about the stories that surround Jesus' birth has been a favorite!
Also, the boys' Santa shark jammies are one of their favorites this year.  They glow in the dark!  You can find them here.  

I shared a few of our favorite Christmas books to read together in the evenings in this post.  

I volunteered at Winston's school this week making copies for his teacher and then being an elf in the Holiday Shoppe!  I was able to stop by his class for a hug.  When I got home I checked my purse for something and found this little note folded and stuffed inside!  Winston is a little sweetie and by for my favorite note of the day! 

Wednesday night was our children's choir Christmas production.  Winston was Inn Keeper #3; he gave Mary and Joesph his stable for baby Jesus to sleep in.  He was pumped for his role and did a great job!  This little wave was my favorite of the night.  

The next morning was Truman's little Christmas concert at school.  I had promised Winston that he could come along.  He was excited to leave school for a little break to cheer on Trumy.  My niece's class was performing their song at the same time which was special to be able to see her class perform too!
NaNo took my camera and I found this little gem of two of my favorite people!  

Truman did an ace job singing Jingle Bells and shaking his bells along with the song.  He gave Winston a big hug when he came down the aisle.  Truman beamed the entire time he was on stage and was precious next to baby Jesus.  He requested to wear his favorite Christmas shoes for the special occasion!  

I took Winston back to school mainly because his class would be visiting the Holiday Shoppe and he was not going to miss out!  He wrote his list and did a fabulous job shopping.  He was so excited to give his gifts.  When I asked if he wanted to save them for Christmas Day he said, "No Mommy.  These are my gifts to give and I get to to decide when!"  He can't keep a surprise and was bursting with excitement!   He found exactly what he wanted to get Truman; a green monster truck!  And Truman has not let it out of his sight yet!  
He proudly gave me the bag that held my gift.  He was so excited to see my reaction.  I said "Oh its orange, my favorite color!" and he said that's exactly why he picked it out.  He was chuffed that I had made that connection.  Picking out presents with definitely Winston's favorite and I will always cherish this sweet necklace!

Whew!  That's a full week, right?!  But how can we be anything then filled with joy because this is the season to all the festive things.  I think we'll may make some Christmas cookies, watch a few Christmas movies and take a ride to look at Christmas lights.  What are you doing this weekend?

Today I'm linking up with AndreaErica and Narci for my Friday Favorites!  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top