Friday, October 29, 2021

Add these to your To Be Read List!

It's another round of Sara's Books that should be on your "I need to read these" list! ๐Ÿ˜‚  And here.we.go!


Lockdown on London Lane by Beth Reekles takes place right as one of the first lockdowns due to the current pandemic making its way into building.  Tenants find themselves waking up to notes beneath their doors stating that their building is on lockdown for one week with no one in and no one out.  This creates unique situations for each flat owner including two individuals who were only supposed to be a one night stand, the couple who has newly started dating and a wedding decorating party to name a few.  I knew I was going to enjoy this book when within the first five pages I had laughed out loud!  When the book ended, I kept clicking my Kindle turn page button because I wanted to know more about the characters!  Lockdown on London Lane releases in February 2022 but is on pre-order now!
Thank you Net Galley and Wattpad Books for the ARC of this book!

You guys.  The Suite Spot by Trish Dollar.  Precious.  Simply put, a precious read.  In her acknowledgements, Trish writes that she found herself "needing to tell a story that was warm and gentle."  And friends, she did just that!  I am so fond of these two characters and their story of starting on new adventures in the midst of and because of loss.  Taking place between Florida and Ohio, Rachel and Mason's story is adorably sweet and full of patience.  I found myself wanting an invitation to book club and brainstorming how I can create it in my own life! ๐Ÿ˜‚ While this book has character cross over from Float Plan, The Suite Spot is a standalone read.  {Although I highly recommend Float Plan while you're waiting for the release of The Suite Spot!}  The Suite Spot will be released in March 2022 and is currently on pre-order.  

Thank you Net Galley for the ARC of this book!

I am drawn to any book where the heroine spells their name like mine. ๐Ÿ˜‚ After Sara's mom passes away, she is willed the task of writing the final book in her mother's iconic novel series.  Sara starts out as timid and unsure, unconfident and a little downtrodden.  As the book progress she finds her voice and her rhythm.  I recommend this book if you like a little drama with a side of humor and a dash of romance!  The Audacity of Sara Grayson is available for purchase today!

Thank you Net Galley for the ARC of this book!

The premise of this book caught my eye and I thought, "Yes! I love a good will they won't they!" While I did enjoy the book and the journey that Emmy Palmer embarks after scandal rocks her big city job sending her back home to a slower pace of life, the tension between her and the love interest was barely there - at least not enough in my opinion to title the book around it.  I found the majority of the story to be centered around Emmy's development and getting reacquainted with her home town.  Will They, Won't They walks through relationships of all kinds: parent/child, past friendships, new friendships.  It is a light read and a cute one to pick up to read around the Christmas holidays!
Thank you Net Galley for the ARC of this book!


When a tale of exes who commit to team up with each other on a tourist project in New Zealand at Christmas came across my computer screen, I thought - "Well, this could be interesting!"  And with the lead character's name being Sara, you know it became a no-brainer {as discussed earlier in this post!}.  I am sad to say this book was not my favorite read this go around.  I found myself skimming over large chunks of repetitive inner dialogues from the characters to get their banter.  The lack of communication between the two leads made me want to shake the book to shock them into talking about their feelings!  I enjoyed reading about New Zealand and the adventures they took.  

Thank you Net Galley for the ARC of this book!

On A Night Like This follows Fran, an admin assistant, who is stuck in a bit of a rut.  After moving from London into in a house in a town that is dominated by her fiancรฉ's former life, Fran's life is slowly slipping into a routine the she is not sure she wants.  Fran receives a call offering her the opportunity to work for a mysterious client for a week.  She takes the job and literally sets sail on a trip that will change her life!  

This Cinderella story was captivating, the characters quirky and the Fran that starts the book is nowhere to be found towards the end of the book. Fran quite literally bumps into a handsome stranger with whom she has an instant connection with.  Lindsey Kelk writes them in a wonderful endearing and delightful way making me want to meet them in real life.  On a Night Like This is an adorable, sweet read that's perfect for the holidays!

Thank you Harper360, Harper Collins and Net Galley for the ARC of this book!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top