Monday, March 21, 2011

Book Review: Incendiary

A few years ago, my dad recommended for me to read The Road by Cormac McCarthy.  I did.  I did not like it.  It was depressing and I called it the worse book ever.

Then I read Incendiary by Chris Cleave.

This has now replaced The Road as the worse book ever.

Every once in a while when I am at Target, I'll pick up a book from their end cap.  Every time before this I have enjoyed the spontaneous pick from their selection.  This is how Incendiary even came to be in my line up.

The book takes place a few days before the London city bombings that happened in 2005.  The whole book is a letter written by a mother whose child and husband dies in the bombings.  The letter is written to Osama Bin Laden.

While this may sound interesting to you, as it did to me, the story did not resonate with me at all.  It left me despising the mother and not sympathizing for her at all.  Not even a smidge.

I think I'm going to recycle the book.  Or use it as kindling for our fire pit.
Unless you want to rescue it.  I will be happy to mail it to you.

1 comment :

  1. I love you. This is one of my favorite book reviews to date.

    Don't mail it to me, though.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top