Sunday, September 30, 2012

Halloween Candy Review: Caramel Apple Milky Ways!

A month or so before Halloween candy even started coming out - I clipped a coupon for Milky Ways.  They were advertising their new flavor for the fall: Caramel Apple!  I love caramel apples and thought I'd store the coupon away for when the Halloween candy hit the shelves.

When Target first started stocking their shelves, I stalked up and down the aisle and came across the Caramel Apple Milk Ways, bought two bags, used my happy coupon and headed home.  
I wasn't quite sure what to expect for the taste - some things can taste really fakey and then there things that taste like those lollypops...I LOVE those lollypops that come out each fall, ya know the ones.  The Candy Apple ones that are the green apple lolly covered in caramel with the green wrappers.  The ones that most everyone who has tastebuds loves and hoards because they are delicious.  
That is what these tasted like!  Little bite sized morsels of caramel apple goodness wrapped in a chocolate blanket!  I like that they are small enough to satisfy the craving when it hits you and that you don't feel guilty when you eat 2...or 3 5 at a time!  

I figured that there were some cooking savvy people out there who had already whipped up something delicious with these little guys and my searching produced the following things - I think I need to head back to the store to pick up a few more bags because all of the recipes look AMAZING and perfect for fall!

Caramel Apple Milky Way Cupcakes by Java Cupcake
Caramel Apple Spice Milky Way Cookies by The Domestic Rebel
Caramel Apple & Chocolate Muffins by Lil' Luna
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars by BrewCru Life

Now, put these on your list and let me know if you try one of the recipes above!  I'd love to know how they turn out!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top