Friday, February 13, 2015

Five on Friday

{one} 
The weather here in Houston has been fabulous all week which means spending time outside in the afternoons!  There has been water table playing, lots of sandbox playing including digging and moving dirt, and playground time.  I am thankful that we have been able to see the sun and soak up some Vitamin D!
{two}
Husband and I went on a mid-day lunch date.  We both love Chuy's but Winston isn't the biggest fan. When we have lunch out together just the two of us that is normally our go to place!  I am thankful that we are afforded the opportunity to have the time together just the two of us.  We adore having Winston with us but it is good for us to get back to being just two every once in a while.  
{three}
One of our projects on the to-do list for February was install new light fixtures and frame the bathroom mirror.  Major kudos to Hubby {and our friend Brian} who worked to make the goal a success!  When we moved into the house the only light over the bathroom mirror was a builders grade light with three bulbs.  Sad.  We found these amazing fixtures and promptly purchased the 5-bulb replacing the old one the same day.  It was amazing!  Then we took a step back and decided we needed to add a 3-bulb fixture over each sink.  The amount of light we now have in the bathroom is fantastic and I love being able to really see when I get ready in the mornings.  Framing the mirror also completely changed the look of that side of the bathroom.  We just love how it looks and are making plans to do the same to the spare bathroom.  Our master bathroom is almost complete, just one wall that looks kinda sad and we have plans for that too!
{four}
We have been invited to a black-tie {optional} wedding.  I have yet to attend to a black tie event and am excited to get all dolled up!  I'm not really digging a long formal dress so I thought I might wear and long skirt like one of these from Shabby Apple {1 || 2 || 3 || 4} with a top and some statement jewelry pieces.  What do you think?  Would that be acceptable?  Have you ever been to a black tie event before?  Which skirt is your favorite?
{five}
Wishing you a very Happy Valentine's full of lots of love from the special people in your life!  

ball || smile shirt

Hooking up this week with the girls of Friday on Five and Oh, Hey Friday!

7 comments :

  1. Love the skirt! Would definitely be beautiful for a black tie affair, I'm sure it would get a ton of compliments as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the skirt! Would definitely be beautiful for a black tie affair, I'm sure it would get a ton of compliments as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always nice to just go out for a good date every now and again. Loving that skirt, very pretty but looks comfy too for a night of dancing at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your vanity/sink! It is super cute and super spacious. I also love the look of a framed mirror! Have a great Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your vanity is so large! I dream of having that much space to get ready! Love the framed look on the mirror, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I come from a fashion background and I'm afraid the skirt is more casual and appropriate as a hostess outfit. "Black tie" indicates you should dress to the nines and I'm afraid you will feel a little too casual in a long skirt. What the heck - here's your chance to do it up royally. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww those Love Balls! There was one at our mall last week and I snapped a pic with it too. Such a perfect valentines family pic!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top