Friday, December 21, 2018

Christmas Morning Essentials


After one or two Christmas mornings where I had to go looking for a very specific type of screw driver to free a toy from it's packaging, I decided the next year I would be prepared.  Now a day or two before Christmas I gather the following items from around the house and put them into a bucket.  Then I put the bucket in a place that is handy for our Christmas morning shenanigans!

  • Screwdrivers - all sizes, especially the tiny ones!  This is my all time favorite screwdriver for the tiny screws that toys have.  It is the best because it screws and unscrews at the touch of a button!  
  • Scissors
  • Garbage bags
  • Batteries - AAA and AA just in case!
  • Box cutter
  • Baggies - for extra parts, little pieces or gift cards so they don't get lost!
I have found that having all these items nearby cuts down on the trips I make around the house and I can enjoy the chaos Christmas morning! 😂😍 Another item to put in the basket would be your video or digital camera.  Be sure to charge it first; don't want to miss those magical moments!
What is something that you do to ensure that you are totally engaged to soak up the magic of Christmas morning?  Is there anything you would add to your bucket?

2 comments :

  1. This is so smart!! It feels like many of the toys are screwed into their packaging these days and it's a pain to track down the supplies to get them out. I always try to have scissors nearby and a big trash bag for all that wrapping paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea & so does my young daughter. It is a simple lesson about the importance of preparation! I use a holiday colored peach basket - since it is a little bigger than I need, I also use it as a gift wrapping station. We keep tissue paper for gift bags & a box with gift tags, tape, paper cutters, markers, scissors, etc. I will take out the gift wrap station stuff on Christmas Eve once all presents are wrapped.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top