Saturday, June 11, 2011

Stuck in my Head: Sleigh Bells

One of the things that Andrew and I have in common is our love for crazy music.  I introduced him to Scissor Sisters.  He introduced me to Sleigh Bells.  Sleigh Bells is a duo who released their first album, Treats, last year.  The genre of music is classified noise pop.

A few nights ago I received a text from Andrew, who is currently digesting all of the music that he can while camping out at Bonnaroo(!).  That boy send me a picture of Sleigh Bells.  At 11 o'clock at night this threw me into a state of excitement and I promptly started playing my favorites out of my phone much to Benjamin's dismay and amusement.  He would agree that noise pop is exactly what this group is classified as!  :)

This song has been stuck in my head ever since.  Another fun fact: I listened to this song every morning for weeks and weeks while driving into work.  I mean, what says "Hello World!" more than kick awesome beats and someone telling you to go and do your best today!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top