Monday, August 29, 2011

Wedges.

Have you eaten a wedge salad?  I used to think that they were so strange.  You are basically ordering a chunk of a head of iceburg lettuce that you have to chop up and mix up yourself.  That's a lot of work for a salad.
And then I ordered one.
I cut it and chopped it up.
Mixed it and ate it.
I loved it.
Dang, wedge salad!  Your deliciousness caused me to love you!

The first time I made a wedge salad, the dressing I used was way to blue-cheesey.  To me, a little blue cheese goes a long way.  A very long way.  After eating a few more while out to eat, I was convinced that the dressing was not a blue cheese dressing.

After searching, I found a recipe for Morton's Steakhouse Wedge Salad.  I made it apart of my meal planning and whipped it up.  The first night we had it at home, Benjamin ate his entire salad.  There was not a scrap of anything left.  And this is big news because Benjamin has never finished eating his salads at home as long as we have been married.  And this night, because of this dressing, he did.
Ingredients
1 cup mayo
1/2 cup of sour cream
2 Tbs of buttermilk
1/2 tsp of Durkee Famous Sauce
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
1/4 cup of blue cheese crumbs
salt and pepper to taste

Now, you may be like me and have no clue what Durkee Famous Sauce is.  According to the manufacturer, it's a tangy mustard - mayo mix.  And it is ingredient to make this dressing yummy!

I found mine at Kroger between the mustards and the mayos.  It only comes in 10oz jars and you only need a 1/2 tsp of it... so you can make hoards and hoards of dressing or create something else using this condiment.

Directions
Mix together the mayo and sour cream.  Add buttermilk, Durkee sauce and seasoned salt.  Mix together.  Add salt 'n' peppa.  Mix.  Using a spatula, fold in the blue cheese crumbs.
Refrigerate.  The dressing will last up to 6 days.

When you prepare your salad you can sprinkle the following toppings over your lettuce wedge: crumbled bacon, chopped tomatoes, hard boiled egg, and blue cheese crumbs.

Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top