Thursday, October 11, 2012

Lego + Ninja Turtles = Awesomesauce!

As if 2013 wasn't going to be great already, the announcement that Lego is partnering with Ninja Turtles to bring us the next round of nostalgic fabulousness for people like Benjamin and me who:
  1. LOVE Lego 
  2. LOVE the 80's
  3. Have original Ninja Turtles
  4. LOVE Lego
has thrown me over the edge into an oblivion of giddiness!

You might think we're crazy, but just last night Benjamin finished making his 2012 Winter Village Cottage so that he could be ready to add it to the collection and take it to The Clinic for November & December.  We just love Lego sets!  Remember, we're the people who went as a married couple with out kids to San Diego with the sole purpose of going to Legoland!

Friends.  I cannot tell you how excited I was - so excited that I called Benjamin, who is on standby at The Clinic to come home at any minute in the case that my contractions start picking up, and with a rushed voice I exclaim , "LEGO IS MAKING NINJA TURTLES SETS!"  Followed by a few ticks of silence and then laughter on the other end of the phone.    He asks me how I know and I say, "It's allover the interwebs! You need to check it out!!"  {Note, I've always wanted to use the word "interwebs" in a sentence!}
Hello!  How fun is that?!  The Shellraiser Street Car set comes with the following and is proposed to cost $59.99.
  • A pizza truck and the Turtle Mobile
  • Five Minifigures that have an exclusive villain and Michelangelo and Donatello 
I'm pretty sure I know what Benjamin will be getting for his Happy 2013 gift!!  This set is scheduled to hit stores January 2013 with more in the works!  Hooray Lego!  You have made this lady super duper happy!

Read more about it here and here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top