Friday, January 10, 2014

Rice Krispie Treat: Champagne Bottle for New Year's

This year I thought about not making a fun dessert for New Year's Day meal.  Because I had been under the weather quite a bit, I thought I'd just forgo any thing too extravagant.  And then I was catching up on some blog reading during lunch on what was the deadest week at work, when I came across P.S. I Made This and their Rice Krispie Champagne Treat!  I had forgotten how easy it was to make Rice Krispie treats and decided this was simple enough to give a go!

After melting the butter and the marshmallow, I added the green food coloring then the Rice Krispies.
Then, per the instructions, I scooped out the green crispies ball, doused my hands in Pam and started sculpting the bottle shape.  Turned out not too shabby and I even had enough to make a tiny one, albeit janky one, for Winston!
Now, here is where the perfect execution of this dessert got thwarted by Fruit Roll-up.  Our Kroger only had two choices for Fruit Roll-ups: Mystery Flavor blue ones or an assortment of flavors and colors.  I chose the assortment and headed home.  As I started unrolling the Roll-ups I noticed, my to my chagrin, that the kind I purchased were covered in tongue tattoos!  That's right, you remember them... You hold the Fruit Roll-up on your tongue and the picture gets transferred there.  Fun at lunch time in the 4th grade, not fun for a classy Rice Krispie dessert!  Thankfully, we had some silver edible decorative spray (for cookies and cakes) and I sprayed the heck out of the Fruit Roll Up.  
As you can seen, mine did not turn out as polished or fancy as P.S. I Made This... but I'm fairly certain it tasted just as good!

Still proud of my creation either way!!  
Have you made anything crazy out of Rice Krispies?  If you're interested, take a minute to head to Mister Krisp's Instagram account to get inspired!  Next year a 2015 may be in the line-up!

Rice Krispie Treat Recipe
3 Tbs of Butter
4 cups of mini marshmallows
Food coloring
6 cups of Rice Krispie cereal

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top