Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Round Steak and Rice


This meal is a comfort meal to me.  It was my favorite meal growing up and I remember requesting this along with cracker-crumbed cauliflower for my birthday meals.  It's just so yummy!  And now, it's one of my favorite things to make.  It's two of my favorite adjectives for meals: simple and scrumptious!

First things first, I use the eye of round steak for this meal.  Cube it up and put it in a frying pan to brown the meat.
While the meat is browning, grab the next three things from your pantry: crockpot liner, can of cream of mushroom soup, and a packet of Lipton's dry onion soup.  The beef onion soup also works really well in this recipe.
Have you discovered the magic of Reyonlds SlowCooker liners?  They are amazing and since their creation I have yet to make anything in the crockpot without them.  Thank you, Reynolds!

Once the meat has browned, spoon it into the crockpot.  Then add the cream of mushroom soup and the dry onion soup.
Then fill the cream of mushroom can with water, add that to the crockpot and give it a stir.  Then set either on high (if you are making before work or before you head out for the day) or low (if you are making mid-day or on a Sunday before you head to church).

Serve with rice, your favorite veggies and voila! A great meal!

My Baked Ravioli recipe was featured recipe on Lori's Culinary Creations!  Thanks, Lori!  I have also linked up again for Tasty Tuesday.  Check out some of the other fantastic yummies!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top