Saturday, March 7, 2015

Happy Birthday Na-No!

Today is my brother's birthday.  I can remember quite a few events around this special day twenty eight years ago.  We lived in New Jersey.  My Grandma Von and Pappy Jim had come to visit.  I went to the hospital and took a class on how to be a big sister that involved learning how to give a baby doll a bath.  I got a button.  I got a Barbie.  I got my Puffy.  I got a brother.  

Noah.  Other than my parents, he has been the other constant human in my life.  We have been on great adventures.  We have shared bathrooms.  We have lived just a little piece of carpet away from each other for years.  He stood for me at my wedding because he has seen me at my best and my worst.  
I love him with the fierce love of a sister who is overwhelmingly proud of her little brother.  This year Noah became a Father.  And he is killing it!  He serves his family faithfully each day by working so that Salem can stay at home with Sweet P.  He just adores both of his girls and you can see it in the way he looks at them.  
He is a fantastic uncle with Winston and a great friend to Benjamin.  He loves his family and his friends with a big heart.  I see him doing "adult" things like taking care of his yard, growing a little garden, leading his family by being active in their church.
He is a businessman.  Working during the day, wheeling and dealing.  Making that green cizash.  But he is still the same goofy, fun loving, cheeky spirit that I know and love.  I think I'd be disappointed if some year we didn't have at least one picture of Noah making a crazy face while we try to get a Christmas card photo for the parents!  
Winston calls him Na-No and it just fits.  He is my friend, he is my personal comedian, he is my brother.  I can't imagine life without him.  Happy Birthday, Noah!!  We love you!

Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord. 
Proverbs 16:20

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top