Monday, December 17, 2018

Delicious Tiger Butter Recipe

Tiger Butter is on the top of the list as one of the things that reminds me of Christmas.  My mom would make batches of this to give as gifts to friends, postal workers, store owners, doctors, anyone who she wanted to give a little something to as a thank you for all they did in the year.


The ladies in our Sunday School class were getting together for a cookie exchange and I decided to bend the rules a bit and bring Tiger Butter along to share.  I had forgotten how simple this recipe was to make - with only three ingredients it takes just a few minutes to whip up.  And it certainly is delicious - I had to shoo Benjamin and Truman away from it to ensure I had enough to take to share! 😂

Ingredients
2 bags of vanilla milk chips
1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup of crunchy peanut butter

Start by pouring both bags of vanilla chips into a microwave safe bowl.  Zap for 2 minutes.  {I take out half way and give the chips a stir.}  While the chips are melting, measure out your peanut butter.  Once your vanilla chips are melted mix in the crunchy peanut butter.  After it is all mixed pour onto a cookie sheet.  Spread out.

Next zap your milk chocolate chips for 2 minutes or until melted.  Drop spoonfuls of chocolate onto the vanilla mixture.  Then take a knife and cut in the chocolate.  Get creative and make some fun swirly designs!
Place the pan in the refrigerator to harden.  This will need to be an hour or two.

Before you're ready to serve, snap the Tiger Butter into small pieces.  And do a little taste testing!
Package up for delivery or enjoy at your next event or party or heck, even on just a night in watching movies! 😂

Pro Tip

  • Should you have some Tiger Butter left over, keep it in the refrigerator to save it from melting.  This helps keep it cool and crisp!
  • This is such an easy recipe, it would be great for the kids to help with!
  • Feel free to add crushed up pretzels to add variety!
The first batch is gone and I ordered more ingredients for our grocery pick up today.  Be warned: This stuff is habit forming! 

2 comments :

  1. Yum!! I've never heard of Tiger Butter before. Looks like I've been missing out. My kids would love to help with this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top