Saturday, January 4, 2020

Celebrating January National Days

You've seen them, those national holidays that it seems most of us were completely unaware of until a few years ago.  Now every day has at least one or two titles of significance now attached to them.  Some of them are just plain weird, some of them are funny and some of them kinda interesting.  

In an effort to shake up our after school routine, I thought I'd give the January Calendar a look-see to be inspired for some activities we could do between the Drop the Backpack Chaos and the What's for Dinner Woes. ๐Ÿ˜‚During lunch the buddies and I picked a few that we thought sounded like something we could get behind!

Here's our plan for January

  • Jan 4th Spaghetti Day: Make spaghetti for dinner {look at me, I'm meal planning! ๐Ÿ˜‚}
  • Jan 5th Whipped Cream Day: Play Pie in the Face game
  • Jan 8th Bubble Bath Day: Break out the new bath toys and make an epic bubble bath
  • Jan 12th Sunday Supper Day: You'll be able to find us at McDonald's after church!
  • Jan 14th Dress Up Your Pet Day: We've got something fun and out of this world for Lulu!
  • Jan 15th Hat Day: Truman loves any reason to wear a hat!
  • Jan 16th Fig Newton Day: Imma gonna eat me some Fig Newtons ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Jan 19th Popcorn Day: Whip up one or two recipes from my Popcorn cook book
  • Jan 21st Hug Day: Who doesn't love a good hug?
  • Jan 22nd Library Shelfie Day:  Share a few of our favorite books
  • Jan 23rd Pie Day:  Bake a pie {something I've never actually done unless warming a McDonald's apple pie in the microwave counts...  ๐Ÿ˜‚}
  • Jan 31st Hot Chocolate Day: Hot chocolate bar with all the marshmallows of course!
Follow along with us as we aim to tackle one, two or a few of the above!  I'd encourage you to look at the list and pick one that piques your interest and celebrate away!

3 comments :

  1. I was just looking online for this info, so thank you for posting. I also thought these "special" days would be a fun way to add some variety to our days. Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top