Thursday, June 3, 2010

what a week!

This past week has been a bit of a whirl wind for Benjamin and I!  We both have been hermits lately enjoying our time together in the evenings with the LuPuppy.

Last week Benjamin was in College Station for a few nights for Student Government.  As he was on his way back into town on Friday, I was in the car headed toward Mequite for a wedding rehearsal.  Friends Stephanie and Stephen were getting married and asked me to be apart of the their special day.  Saturday we both attended the wedding and reception then boogied back to Plano.  We met Mark and Lee Ann at Chuy's for dinner that evening.  We had not seen Lee Ann in almost two years, so it was fantastic to be able to catch up with them and hear about the fantastic changes going on in their world.  Mark took a job in Houston which basically means we will see them more often....as soon as we get back to Houston!

Sunday we went to ABF and Big Church stopping at WichWhich on our way home.  In the afternoon we played games with Kim and Jonathan - the couple traveling to Bolivia with Benjamin.  I was introduced to two new games:  Blokus and Settlers.  Both of these games have been added to the Christmas list.  If you haven't played them, you should find a friend who has the game, play them and then go buy them.  That's how great they are.

Monday was Memorial which equated to sleeping in, having breakfast out, making a Target run.  The afternoon was a lazy one.  We set up the kiddie pool so that Lulu and I could lounge around in the water.  That evening we went to Twisted Root with Danny and Leesa for a burger and their amazing fried pickles.  Never tried them?  You should.  Right now.  Go to the nearest Twisted Root and get some along with a root beer and a milk shake.

Tuesday Benjamin drove to Waco to take his GRE and then back to Dallas to meet me, Kody and Andrea at Music Hall to watch Wicked!  I just love that musical!  Everything about it is entertaining - the costumes, the music, the dialogue!  ....I could watch it over and over and never get bored.

Wednesday involved packing, playing Mario Galaxy 2 and eating a home made meal of Round Steak and Rice.

Today Benjamin is going to load up the car, pick me up from work and we will start the 4 hour journey south to the parent's house.  Tomorrow I will take him to the airport for him to start his 10 day adventure in Quesimpuco, Bolivia.  While I am a sad that he won't be around for the next week and a half, I am so excited that he has this opportunity to serve the people there while being Jesus to those he meets and travels with.  I will post his itinerary this weekend so that you can track him in his journeys.

Hope that each of you had a fantastic week so far!  I am always so thankful when weeks are short!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top