Sunday, April 3, 2011

Book Review: Hunger Games Trilogy


Some time last year I started hearing about the Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins.  I had started toying with my 24 books in 2011 commitment, so I put the books on my Christmas list.  Thanks to Sam and Ben, when I was ready to read the series, I could - non stop.

And I did.
The trilogy, complete with Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mocking Jay, took me less than a week to plow through.

Seriously.
I have classified myself as suffering from ARS.
Addicted Reader Syndrome.
Once I start a book that captures my imagination, I'm committed.
Anyone else out there like this?

I highly recommend these books if you are looking for something that is a little different, that is an easy, addictive read and that will entertain you for hours.  The story of Katniss and her journey through the Hunger Games and the events that follow is one that will capture young and old readers alike.

And apparently, they are making a movie out of the first book.
So be ahead of the curve and read the books!  You won't regret it!

4 comments :

  1. I'm reading Mocking Jay right now! So good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved these books! They were so good and I could not put them down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I'm so glad that y'all love them too! Are y'all gonna go to the movie when it comes out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hunger Games is like Twilight done well. Similar theme: First-person female teen narrator, love triangle, etc.

    I was completely blown away by how good they were. The ending of the last book....wow, that hit hard. But it was so perfect in every way.

    I can't wait to see the film.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top