Sunday, March 9, 2014

Donut licious for reals!

I keep seeing picture of fabulous gourmet donuts on instagram and other blogs.  I thought to myself, surely Houston has a few of these places as well!  So in my Google searching, I came across this article by Houston Press on 2013's Top 10 Donut Places.  While all of these places are now on my list to try, Donut licious caught my attention because it is just minutes down the road!

Tucked away off 45 Southbound and 2920 right by a UHaul rental place, a simple "Donut" sign is on the building.  Inside the shop is well decorated, clean and has plenty of seating for people who want to dine in. All of the staff was very friendly, greeting guests like old friends asking regulars about family members and discussing weekend plans.  It makes me happy when small business owners and their staff make people feel like part of their family!  

Benjamin ordered an Oreo donut and an Old Fashioned.  The vanilla frosting on the Oreo donut had a strong resemblance to the cream filling of an Oreo cookie!   
I had a Strawberry Cheesecake donut and a small sausage and cheese kolache.  The Strawberry Cheesecake donut was a delight to my tastebuds!  Not too overwhelming with the strawberry flavor - a perfect mix and a definite repeater!  The kolache was exactly how I think kolaches should taste which was very exciting to me because it had been years since I had one this good! Donut licious also serves good coffee - an extra bonus in the "we will return here" bucket!
 Winston had colorfully sprinkled, chocolate covered donut holes.  He was in heaven!
He was saying "cheese!" while enjoying his second breakfast.  You know a donut is good when you have chocolate all over your face!

All in all we had a very successful and enjoyable trip to Donut licious and will go back often if I have a vote!  Make sure you look them up for a yummy treat if you're in the area!
Donut licious
1535 Spring Cypress Road
Spring, TX 77388

Oh!  Another neat thing about Donut licious is that they also do special orders on donut letters to spell out messages!  Storing that away for a fun treat in the future!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top