Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Chalkboard: May

Have y'all heard Phillip Phillips song Raging Fire?  I can't help turning it up and singing it at the top of my lungs!  The instrumentation and lyrics together give me goosebumps each time I hear it.  For me, it is a prayer of desire for the Lord to turn my soul into a raging fire for Him.  

We are dead to rights born and raised
We are thick and thin 'til our last days
So hold me close and I'll surrender to your heart
You know how to give and how to take
You see every hope I have locked away
So pull me close and surrender to my heart

Before the flame goes out tonight
Yeah we live until we die

So come out, come out, come out
Won't you turn my soul into a raging fire?
Come out, come out, come out 
'Til we loose control into a raging fire
Come out, come out, come out
Won't you turn my soul into a raging fire?

Since the chorus has been ringing over and over in my head, it was the inspiration for this month's chalkboard.

"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our 'God is a consuming fire'."  
Hebrews 12:28-29

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top