Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Book List of 2018

I love to read.  It's something I would get into trouble for when I was younger because I would do it when I was supposed to be sleeping...  I would sit by my night light and say to myself, "Just one more chapter!" and be so engrossed in the pages that I wouldn't hear my parents coming to my door.  I'd like to say I grew out of that habit but Benjamin can contest that there are many nights when he heads to bed that I say, "I'll just finish this chapter" and then 3 hours later I'm waaaaay passed my one more chapter! 😂 When my original Kindle died this year, he upgraded me to a Paperwhite Kindle which has a lit screen feature.  I wasn't sure I'd use the screen light until he pointed out that he bought it specifically with that feature so that he could fall asleep without the my side lamp blinding him!

For my #saras35things list, I set a goal to read two books a month.  Right now {as of Oct, 30} my count is up to 44 books!  I think I more than knocked that goal outta the park!  

Instead of writing up what I thought about each book, I marked my very favorites with emojis and the ones that aren't marked were all books that I enjoyed and are worth a read!  

Let me know if you have read any of these and what your thoughts are!  Also, if you have any recommendations, send them my way.  I have discovered the joy of borrowing digital copies from my library and am hooked!  

🌟 Favorite Books with Christian Themes
💌 Favorite Love Stories Books
👀 Favorite Mystery or Suspense Books
😀 Favorite Autobiographical, Non Fiction Books
🚫 Not My Favorite or Don't Waste Your Time Books
⛄ Favorite Christmas Books

2018 List of Books Read
The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis 🌟
  • The Magician's Nephew
  • The Lion, the Witch and The Wardrobe
  • The Horse and His Boy
  • Prince Caspian
  • The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
  • The Silver Chair
  • The Last Battle
Of Mess and Moxie by Jen Hatmaker  ðŸŒŸ
Love Does by Bob Goff  ðŸŒŸ
Twenties Girl by Sophia Kinsella
Hillbilly Elegy by JD Vance  ðŸ˜€
Race to Splendor by Ciji Ware  ðŸ’Œ
A Light on the Veranda by Ciji Ware
After You by Jojo Moyes
Still Me by Jojo Moyes
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
The Stolen Marriage by Diane Chamberlain  ðŸ’Œ
The Marriage Pact by Michelle Richmond 🚫
Sharp Objects by Gilian Flynn
My Husband's Wife by Jane Corry
The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena 👀
The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley 💌
My Oxford Year by Julia Whelan 💌
The Little Book of Hygge by Meik Wiking
Surprise Me by Sophia Kinsella
Go Ask Ali by Ali Wentworth 😀
Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
Royal Spyness Mystery Series by Rhys Bowen 👀
  • Her Royal Spyness
  • A Royal Pain
  • Royal Flush
  • Royal Blood
  • Naughty in Nice
  • The Twelve Clues of Christmas
We Were Mothers by Katie Sise 👀
I Will Never Leave You by S. M. Thayer 👀
Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell 👀
When Life Gives You Lululemons by Lauren Weisberger 🚫
The Singles Game by Lauren Weisberger
The Perfect Nanny by Leila Sliming 👀
The Hideaway by Lauren K. Dent 💌
Memory Man by David Baldacci
The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory
Match Making for Beginners by Sadie Dawson ðŸ’Œ

*update as of 12/30 - Total 49
Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Christmas Camp ⛄
Nine Perfect Strangers
It Started with Christmas
The Secrets We Keep

2 comments :

  1. I am currently starting Girl, Wash Your Face. I am hoping for a great start to getting back into books. I have been out of the habit of reading for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top