Monday, April 29, 2019

April 2019 Book Review


This month I read three fairly suspenseful novels, one just about life novel and another in one of my favorite spy series!

Image result for today will be different book
Today Will Be Different by Maria Semple
I'm going to be honest.  As I sit to write this review I can remember reading this book but don't have much of an impression about it either way.  A take it or leave it book.

Image result for unwanted guest
👀An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena ðŸ‘€
This book was my favorite book this month.  It kept me wanting to read the next page and the next page until I knew the answer!  I love a good plot where all the characters meet for the first time in a hotel... so much can happen!
{Shari Lapena also wrote The Couple Next Door, one of my recommendations from 2018.}

Image result for queen of hearts rhys bowen
Queen of Hearts by Rhys Bowen
Number 8 in the Royal Spyness Mystery series
This book starts with Georgie and her mother boarding a ship for America!  In true Royal Spyness fashion, a murder takes place leaving it to Georgie and the gang to sort out!  I am still enjoying this little series!

Image result for stranger in the house
A Stranger in the House by Shari Lapena
This book is an interesting.  I would venture to say that this was my least favorite of Shari Lapena's books that I have read to date.  Choose one of the other two, you'll enjoy them more!

Image result for the liars wife
👀 The Liar's Wife by Samantha Hayes ðŸ‘€
This book is a suspenseful book!  Readers be advised that there is some cringeworthy scenes in this book.  I was immediately drawn into wondering why the main character was so withdrawn from society and fearful of the man who showed up at her bedside.  I recommend if you are looking for an unpredictable suspense novel!

I'd love to know:  What is your favorite type of book to read?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top