Friday, January 6, 2012
Goals and Resolutions
Last year there were two things that I challenged myself to do and accomplished them! The first one was read 24 books in a year and the second was to take pictures each week of the year: Project 52.
After much thought and consideration, here is The List for 2012!
1. Be intentional about setting aside time each day to read and meditate upon God's Word. My mom gave me a devotional book at the start of the year and I plan on going through the entire book in 2012. I am excited and even more than that, willing and hungry to sit in His presence and learn how to live and love more like Him.
2. Love others well. When I love others well by taking time to invest in them, to listen to them, to experience life with them, I am more likely to have eternal conversations with them, encourage them from a Biblical mindset and show them a glimpse of how much God adores them. I have been blessed with a fantastic family on both sides, treasured friends and work colleagues. This year I want to continue being intentional on spending time and creating memories with them.
3. Read 24 books in 12 months. Now that I know I can do it, I want round 2! I have already started my list of 2012 reads and a few more have already been added!
4. Project 52. I debated back and forth internally on this one. Benjamin encouraged me to do it again for 2012. So get ready for another round of that too. I received a new camera for Christmas so I hope to continue to improve my photography as I learn how to use it!
5. Try cooking a new dish, or a new restaurant or a new dish at a favorite restaurant every month. Lots of options to achieve this one - how can it go wrong?! :)
Well, there they are in all of their glory. Other things will get done in 2012. I mean, who doesn't love Pinterest and all it has to offer?! Spring cleaning, parties to host, events to celebrate, quiet time to be with the husband and continue growing in who we are as a couple.
Let's go, 2012!