Thursday, June 4, 2020

May 2020 Book Review

Good golly!  When I tell you how many books I read in May please hold your judgement. 😂I promise I fed my family, kept the clothes clean, entertained and educated them too!  I discovered Kindle Unlimited.  It may be the reason why there have been many nights that I'm telling myself it's okay to close the Kindle because the book won't disappear over night and the characters will be there tomorrow.  

Twenty one.

Did you catch that? 😳😂
Twenty one books!  I read a lot of series: one set in Dallas around hockey players, one about Jane Austinites, two about a royal love stories.  
You can see the list in its entirety here

Here are a few of my uber favorites!

The Best Friend: An utterly gripping psychological thriller with a ...
I love a book that is full of twists and turns, one that keeps me on my toes while I'm reading.  I find myself speculating out loud and then feeling all the feels when I'm right or when I'm gobsmacked because I didn't see it coming!  The Best Friend is all of those things as it chronicles the unexpected friendship of Louisa and Darcy.

Amazon.com: The Heir and the Spare (0045079590106): Albright ...
The Heir and The Spare by Emily Albright
I'm a sucker for a well written love story where a royal falls for a regular old citizen.  This book starts in Oxford and follows the story of Evie who is there to follow in her mother's footsteps and hopefully find out a little more about the history of her family.  A really cute story with a twist that is fresh!  A must read and one of my top 5 of the year!

Love You, Love You Not: The laugh-out-loud rom-com that's a 'hug ...
Love You, Love You Not by Jo Watson
I follow Shay's book recommendations each month and this was in her review for May.  Once I saw it was on Kindle Unlimited, it found its way thru the atmosphere and onto my device.  Love You, Love You Not follows Poppy, an out of work actress, as she lands a job as an Executive Assistant to very cute, very uptight Ryan, CEO of his family's business.  Poppy is grossly under-qualified for the job yet despite knowing he should, Ryan cannot bring himself to fire her.  This book is everything you want in a romcom: hilarious situations, quick banter, tension, resolution and a happy ending!

1.png

The Royal Treatment, The Royal Wedding, The Royal Delivery by Melanie Summers
In the Royal Treatment, Tessa, writer of the blog "The Royal Watchdog", gets invited to the palace so that Prince Arthur can convince the crowns biggest critic that his family is indeed necessary to the success of their country.  What starts out as two people at opposing ends of an issue ends in finding that they are better when they join together.  Their story continues through the next two books.  This entire series is lighthearted and again, quite funny!  If you enjoy a royal romance, these are for you! 

Evvie Drake Starts Over: A Novel: Holmes, Linda: 9780525619246 ...
Evvie Drake Starts Over by Linda Holmes
Months ago this book was all over social media as a must read book.  I added it to my library holds list and waited for weeks and weeks.  Then it became available and I consumed it in one evening {well, and into the wee hours of the morning!}! Let me tell you, I was not disappointed and it lived up to the hype!  I can see this on being in my Top 5 at the end of the year!

Amazon.com: Carnegie's Maid: A Novel (9781492646617): Benedict ...
Carnegie's Maid: A Novel by Marie Benedict
A friend of mine posted this on one of her social media accounts during quarantine. Having roots in Pittsburgh and being familiar with the proper want to pronounce Carnegie as well has being a member of some of the museums that bear his name, I was in before I started reading.  This historical fiction novel follows the life of Clara Kelley as she embarks on a journey to America on her own. A case of mistaken identity leads to her becoming a ladies maid for one of prominent families in Pittsburgh. If you are a historical fiction fan, I recommend this one for you! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top