Thursday, August 13, 2020

{kinda} Back to School!

When registration for school became available, Benjamin and I decided {after a chat with Winston} that he would attend in-school sessions.  I gotta tell ya, honestly I was torn. I truly have loved having my buddies at home with me and selfishly, I don't want routines to start back up. I know deep down though that the best thing is for them to see their friends, properly learn from folks who have a passion for teaching and Lulu and I could use a day of just the two of us in the house!

After choosing the in-person option, our district came back and stated that the first three weeks of instruction would be on-line regardless of which option chosen. There have been a few amendments and now they are doing a staggered start.  For one day, in a few weeks, Winston will be able physically be  in the school to find his class and experience what the day will look like with the safety modifications.

So here we are and it's time to go back to school. But we're not really going back to school so it just feels a little anti-climactic.  We did take our first day of school pictures, get up and dressed with a snack packed and a water bottle ready. He made the treacherous commute across the living room floor to my desk {his chosen spot for the day} and settled into the morning! 

After the first Zoom meeting and one activity he was ready to call it a day! 😂
Benjamin had the day off which was a help with keeping Truman occupied while we sorted out log-ins, SeeSaw activities and how to submit completed work.  As a special treat, and because we could!, we ate lunch at Uncle Julio's!

While the day didn't look like most previous first days of school, it was still a great start to a new season. I'm so thankful we have access to a school who has a solid infrastructure to support our teachers and students. I'm thankful for technology and the internets. I'm thankful for this extra time we are afforded to spend time together.

I'm thankful for this kid and how flexible he is. Winston has been such a trooper during this crazy time.  Sure he's had his moments of being sad and a little angry, but who hasn't?  He has remained positive and we've tried to have fun and make the best of all the things because really, let's hope this is a once in a lifetime thing! 😂
How old are you?
Seven!

What is your favorite color?
Red, Blue and Green.

What is your favorite food?
Cheeseburgers and French fries from Whataburger and McDonald's.
Me: Whataburger and McDonald's?!
WAC: Well, the fries from Whataburger and the burgers from McDonald's!

What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas. Jingle bells, jingles bells, jingle all the way!

What is your favorite thing to do with Mom?
Be crazy with her. Run around the house screaming.
Me: Gives him a look.
WAC: giggles

What is your favorite thing to do with Daddy?
Build Legos with him.

What is your favorite thing to do with Truman?
Play Statues with him.

What was your favorite thing you did this summer?
Go to Watercolor so that we could visit the beach.

What are you most excited about this year in school?  
Seeing my teachers in person!  Dude, in three weeks I'm going to be in school and I'm going to stop by to see Mrs. Gaska, Mrs. Herbein and Ms. Willard!

What do you want to be when you grow up?
An archer. 
{Poses like he's shooting a bow and arrow.}

What is your favorite movie?
Good question. There's so many options! Gimme some options.
Me: You have all minion movies, Sonic, Trolls, 101 Dalmatians, Sword and the Stone....
WAC: I take Sonic!

What is your favorite toy or stuffed animal?
My favorite stuffed animal is Peep!

Here's to a fabulous year of Second Grade sweet Winston.  You are kind, comical and I love how you are confident in your own skin!  We love you to pieces!

Winston's Interviews

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top