Saturday, July 31, 2021

A Few Book Reviews

It's been a few days since I have made a post or two! In an effort to get back into it, I thought I would start will sharing reviews of a few books I've read recently.  Buckle up, here we go!

I love, loved Kate, Ben and everything in this book! In the midst of all the political who-ha that was going on in 2020, this book was a welcomed respite.  Their banter was captivating and the strife to be civil palpable.  This book gave me all the feels - my heart raced and stopped, I cheered and teared.  I read it in one night staying up way to early in the morning and instead of going to sleep, I immediately wanted to start it over again!  The writing was witty and one hundred percent showed how it is possible to hold onto something you truly value while being open minded to meet in the middle.

If you are looking for a book that captivates your imagination and emotions, pick this one up today!
Thank you Net Galley for the ARC of this book!


When you're a devoted wife and loving mom in a community that is quiet and stable, finding out your husband is charged with murder can throw your entire world off of its axis. The world becomes a little more hostile, a little more uncertain and you do your best to put the pieces together grasping onto anyone and anything to keep a sense of normalcy.

This book had everything that you'd ever want in a twisted thriller.  The multi-POV from characters in the book added to the suspense of the situation leaving my mind desperately trying to outwit the writer.  I was gripped from the beginning and at the end wanted there to be just one more chapter!

Thank you Net Galley for the ARC of this book!

These two characters captured my heart in their dialogue - full of honestly, wit and grit.  More than just another romance story, this book is about working through grief and finding how to live through it.  I don't know much about sailing but that did not hinder any part of brain and heart from jumping into the journey!  

The sign of a fantastic book that if I would want to read it again and yes dear friends, I would want to read this one again!


Two people on the opposite of an issue.  Both being told by higher ups to hold everything close to the vest while they both know in their hearts compromise achievable.  It would be easier to do if there were not those pesky feelings of attraction beneath all the verbal sparring.  Will they be able to to their jobs while staying on opposite sides of the aisle and keeping their hearts in check?

I really enjoyed all of the information that this book had to offer about Washington D.C.  It acts as a sort of mini guide to the city drawing attention to different well known landmarks and a few that are off of the beaten path.  I know that I have added a few to my travel list for the next time I'm there!  

All in all a cute, light-hearted romance!  This book will be available for purchase on October 25, 2021.
Thank you Net Galley and Entangled Publishing for the ARC of this book!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top