Wednesday, January 30, 2019

What's Up Wednesday Jan 2019


Today I am joining Shay and Shaeffer for What's up Wednesday! A while back I did a few of these posts.  This year, I aim to participate each month; so here we go!


What We're Eating This Week
As the time of writing this post, the only thing I know that we're eating this week is Papa John's pizza for dinner tonight! 😂 Maybe some chicken fries one night and who knows, I may even try to do something new on another!  Any suggestions?! 

What We're Reminiscing About
January went by in a flash to me.  I'm 

What I'm Loving
I received a set of Cultivate What Matters PowerSheets for Christmas.  I really enjoyed sitting down, praying over and writing out my goals for the year.  Last year I used Val Marie Paper's 6 month prayer journals.  For 2019 I purchased the yearly journal and am loving how it helps me structure my prayer time!

Aaaannd, I got a new haircut!
I had a fairly simple get ready routine in the mornings and now it's even less!  😂I absolutely love having short{er} hair once again!

What We've Been Up To
We just got home from a trip to Colorado to see snow, do some tubing and a little skiing {at least Benjamin and Winston!}.

We've also been busy learning our memory verse for January!  Only a few more days to go and then hopefully an ice cream celebration!

What I'm Dreading
If I would have written this post last month I would have had an answer for you, but as of right now I have no dread looming around so I'll take it as a win!  

What I'm Working On
Right now I am working on laundry from our vacation!

What I'm Excited About
Celebrating this little baby's third birthday in February!
It is hard to wrap my mind around it has been three years since Truman Ayr made his debut.  He is such a little man and has very strong opinions about his birthday party

What I'm Reading & Watching
I hit publish on the list of books I read in January!  I have started reading The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher thanks to carpool line.
Image result for stranger things
Benjamin and I needed a new show to watch and I mentioned Stranger Things.  I'm fairly certain we watched all 8 episodes of the first season in three nights much to the detriment of our sleeping habits!  It wasn't quite a scary as I had thought it would be and so I am fairly certain we will be moving on to season two sometime this weekend!

What I'm Listening To
The songs I have added to my iTunes library this month include:
Burn the House Down by AJR {at the request of Winston!}
Starlight Express Musical {a top favorite for me}
No Roots by Alice Merton

What I'm Wearing
As I type, this is what I'm wearing: A warm sweater from Altered State and one of my favorite pair of jeans from Target.  I purchased these jeans on impulse.  The sparkle caught my eye and I liked that they were high waisted!  If you too like a little sparkle in your life, pick up a pair here.  Not pictured are my fuzzy socks.  I always have on fuzzy socks.  #thatfuzzysocklife 

What I'm Doing This Weekend
Much to our excitement we have nothing on the calendar for this weekend!!  I think I saw somewhere it's the Superbowl on Sunday but since the Steelers aren't in it, I'm really not bothered to watch it.  {Anyone else out there not Superbowling?}  

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month
It is Monster Jam month!!  All four of us are looking forward to once again seeing some of our favorites take to the course as they battle in racing and freestyle competitions!  We have gone every year since Winston was first born.  I haven't done the best job at documenting all of our trips but you can read about a few of them here, here and here!

What Else is New
I think that's it for today!

Bonus Question:
What is your favorite family Valentine's tradition?

The first year we were parents, we ordered a heart shaped pizza from Papa John's and now we do it every year!  This year we have something a little out of the norm up are sleeves for the buddies - think Lego Movie 2 adventure!

Hope y'all have an awesome Wednesday!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are so fun! I love reading them all and respond to each one by email!

Back to Top